Christmas is just around the corner and the entire staff here at Lane’s Landscaping Supplies wishes you the best of the season.
As 2017 is coming to an end (can you believe it?), it seems like a good time to recap the best of the past year and provide some helpful winter landscaping tips too.
The smart way to set a landscaping budget
In case you missed it the first time, here are some highlights:
- A good budget is feasible, divisible, easy-to-follow and flexible
- Once you have your project wish list ready, you need to whittle it down to priorities only
- Being diligent and saving your receipts can help you stay on budget
- There are always extra costs to account for
Even though it’s December and winter is about to hit, you may be thinking about your spring 2018 landscaping project.
If you are, then this helpful blog from February will help you get the most value out of your hard-earned dollars.
Landscape lighting has always been a popular home landscaping trend.
That’s why we decided to publish a “landscape lighting 101” type blog which can help you find the perfect lighting system to complement your property.
From looking at what your neighbours have done to learning about the different types of lights to questions you should ask, it’s a perfect starting point when you’re looking to illuminate your landscaping at night.
Looking back at this year’s top landscaping trends
Way back in January, the first blog of 2017 focused on this year’s new landscaping trends.
In case you forgot, here’s what they were:
- High-tech backyard gadgets
- Permeable pavers
- Fire pits and fireplaces
- Traditional vegetable gardens
How many of these trends did you add to your landscaping this year?
And who knows what’ll be popular in 2018.
Holiday landscaping tips
Between shopping for holidays gifts, hosting and visiting family and attending numerous parties, your landscaping is probably not a priority for you.
But if you have a few free moments, here are some quick things you can do to ensure it gets through the season beautiful and strong:
- Trim shrubs and trees to remove dead or sick branches (this makes it easier to hang Christmas lights too).
- Remove as many leaves from your lawn as possible (every few days) to allow sunlight to reach the grass.
- Use only the driveway and sidewalk salt you need; too much can spill on your grass and cause damage to it.
Thanks for a great 2017. See you in 2018.
This past year has been an incredible success.
So sincerely and truly, thank you.
However you plan on spending the holidays, we hope it’s full of family, friends and fun.
Lastly, we’re always here to help with your landscaping needs (even in winter) or to answer any questions you have.
Just contact us with your comments and we’ll get back to you ASAP with the info you require.